Recipe by Jenny Sanders
Rich and scrumptious. These can be dressed up by pressing a whole hazelnut into the top of each cookie-to-be before baking, and/or by dipping the finished cookies into a chocolate glaze. Be careful; they are a bit fragile. A Christmas classic in my house.
Directions See How It's Made
- If the hazelnut butter has separated, be sure to stir it very well before measuring.
- Measure it out into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter to the hazelnut butter, and cream well.
- Add the sugar, and cream well.
- At this point there should be no hazelnut butter or butter lumps remaining.
- Mix in the flour.
- Scoop out the dough with a melonballer, and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press slightly to flatten.
- Bake the shortbreads at 300°F for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the trays.
- Store them in an airtight container.