1/2 Photos of Hazelnut Butter Shortbread
Jenny Sanders's Note:
Rich and scrumptious. These can be dressed up by pressing a whole hazelnut into the top of each cookie-to-be before baking, and/or by dipping the finished cookies into a chocolate glaze. Be careful; they are a bit fragile. A Christmas classic in my house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If the hazelnut butter has separated, be sure to stir it very well before measuring.
- 2Measure it out into a mixing bowl.
- 3Add the butter to the hazelnut butter, and cream well.
- 4Add the sugar, and cream well.
- 5At this point there should be no hazelnut butter or butter lumps remaining.
- 6Mix in the flour.
- 7Scoop out the dough with a melonballer, and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Press slightly to flatten.
- 9Bake the shortbreads at 300°F for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned around the edges.
- 10Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the trays.
- 11Store them in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Butter Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.8
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 8.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: