2 hrs 42 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Hazelnut butter gives the cookies a deep, rich flavor. Look for it in natural foods stores. Before measuring the hazelnut butter, stir gently with a fork to mix in any oil that has separated from the butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy unsalted hazelnut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet mini chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl.
- 2Using electric mixer, beat butter, hazelnut butter, and both sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 4Beat in flour mixture.
- 5Stir in chocolate chips.
- 6Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 7(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated. Soften dough slightly at room temperature before shaping.) Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 8Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 9Using 1 level tablespoon for each cookie, roll dough between palms of hands into 1-inch balls.
- 10Arrange 1 inch apart on prepared sheets.
- 11Bake 1 sheet at a time until cookies are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- 12Let cool on sheets on racks 5 minutes.
- 13Transfer cookies to racks and cool.
- 14(Can be made 5 days ahead. Store airtight between sheets of waxed paper at room temperature.).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies
Serving Size: 1 (877 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 968.2
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 610.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 89.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: