Recipe by silversparkles111
Delicious! The pineapple juice comes through and gives them a sweet finish.
Top Review by Grannydragon
I chose you and this recipe for PAC 2012. The rolls were wonderful. I ususally do not change recipes when using them for the first time, but I really wanted to try this recipe. As I am gluten intolerant, I did change the flour to G/F all purpose flour and added the xatha gum that that flour needs to rise.
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 -7 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- I hand kneaded it all, almost literally slamming it onto the counter, stretching it out, and folding it on itself until it felt right.
- I let it rise for ninety minutes, checked on it, and it was ready. I gently laid it on the counter top, and simply weighed out 4 oz. dough strips. Shaped them with one hand into balls for surface tension, and then I pressed them with a hamburger press actually, just to make it more uniform. Placed them on parchment lined baking sheets, let those rise for 40-45 minutes, and then popped em in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Did the first batch at 25 minutes, and the bottoms were almost on the edge of being burnt. I was worried about that because of all the sugar, at 20 minutes they were PERFECT.