Recipe by Grace Guderjahn
This is a moist, sweet bread. Children love it and never know that they are eating a vegetable. Many years ago a friend went to Hawaii and gave me this recipe when she came back. I baked it for my children and it was always a favorite after school treat. Now my grand chldren enjoy it. I think you and yours will too.
Top Review by gwenrk
i have had an overabundance of zucchini, the really big kind that get overlooked in the garden until their HUGE, so i picked a couple recipes here to try for zucchini bread. this one was very good, the only thing i added was 2 teaspoons of cinnamon for a little extra flavor. the pineapple, raisins and nuts give the bread a nice texture.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups grated zucchini, drained
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil in large bowl.
- Add zucchini.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins and nuts, then add to zucchini mixture.
- Add pineapple and mix well. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch laof pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes .
- Makes one loaf. Freezes well.