Delicious Eggless Zucchini Bread
What can I say, I love bread!!! And this bread is just one of my absolute FAVORITES!!!! Originally this was an experiment I tried about a year ago when I ran out of eggs. I wanted zucchini bread sooooooo badly, but didnt have any eggs around the house. I decided to substitute the eggs with yogurt, and have NEVER made this bread with eggs since.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 2 cups zucchini (shredded or tossed lightly through blender..chopped VERY small. My first time trying this I accident)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease ONLY the bottoms of two loaf pans.
- Measure yogurt into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and blend until creamy and slightly thick approx 2-3 minutes (I even do this with a whisk as I am without a mixer at this time!).
- Add oil and blend through.
- Add zucchini and vanilla and stir until mixed through.
- Sift flour in a medium bowl and add cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder& soda, and salt to it.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- I like to slowly mix it in with my whisk.
- Fold ingredients into each other just until nicely combined.
- Pour'batter' into loaf pans, and put into oven.
- Bake for 1 hour (60 minutes) and check to see if it is done (knife poked through center should come clean when done).
- If it is not done, continue to bake for additional time.
- It could take between an hour and an hour and a half to bake completely.