Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hawaiian Waffles With Pineapple & Coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup canned or fresh coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted, melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped, fresh pineapple
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Mix together beaten egg yolk, sour cream, coconut milk, melted butter, and chopped pineapple with some juice.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in gently whipped egg whites, and pour into heated and lightly oiled waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with sliced banana (optional) and pure maple syrup.
This is my husband's favorite! I make different waffles to keep in the freezer, and he requests this one most of the time. I add chopped cherries and nuts to the batter, and we don't bother with surup-they're good just the way they are!
TASTY! Yummy! Different.
I served this to our Sunday Morning Church group and everyone wanted more. We tried both pancakes and waffles and both worked out great. They couldn't belive how sweet and smooth the taste was. We are going to have them again this weekend. Thanks for the recipe!!!