1 hr 10 mins
From 'A Taste of Hawaii' cookbook. I want to make this for my mother one day because she loves crab cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups lump crabmeat
- 4 eggs
- cayenne pepper
- 8 teaspoons minced fresh coriander
- 4 teaspoons chopped red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 -3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Papaya Basil Sauce
- 1For crab cakes:.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, eggs, salt, cayenne pepper, coriander, red pepper, garlic, and ginger. Blend well.
- 3Form the mixture by hand into 8 cakes. Place the bread crumbs on a planted and dip the crab cakes into the crumbs until well-coated.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a skillet and when hot add the crab cakes and saute until the cakes are golden on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- 5To serve pour sauce on a plate and top with the crab cakes.
- 6For the Papaya-Basil Sauce:.
- 7In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the wine, papaya, and shallot. Reduce the liquid by two-thirds, then add teh cream and reduce again by two-thirds. Slowly whisk in the butter, piece by piece, melting one before incorporating another. Season with salt, pepper, ginger, and lime juice. Put the mixture into a blender and blend until the ingredients are well combined.
- 8Pour the sauce into a bowl and add the basil. Allow it to infuse for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian-Style Sauteed Crab Cakes With Papaya-Basil Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.3
- Calories from Fat 603
- Total Fat 67.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.8 g
- Cholesterol 343.7 mg
- Sodium 488.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: