Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sensational combination of flavors! Just read the recipe and imagine popping one in your mouth. Are you drooling yet?
- 16 large fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed,about 1 pound
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 1 pinch dried tarragon
- 1 cup crumbled Ritz cracker
- 3⁄4 cup cooked crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, cook the cream and spinach together until cream is reduced by half.
- Stir in the shallots and cook 1 minute, remove from heat and stir in the coconut milk, dill, tarragon, cracker crumbs, crab, shrimp, salt and pepper.
- Stuff mushroom caps with seafood mixture and place in a shallow bakinging pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coconut.
These were absolutely wonderful. We melted provolone and mozzarella cheese on top of the mushrooms instead of grated coconut. We took them to two different parties and everyone RAVED! Will definately make again.
This recipe was great! The shitake mushrooms at my grocery store didn't seem large enough and deep enough for the stuffing, so I used baby bellas. They were also quite a bit cheaper! Also, I used imitation crabmeat. I don't think it affected the taste, since it was great! The cooking/prep time seems to bit a little off. It took my cream longer than 10 minutes to reduce, and then you also have to bake another 10 minutes. Will definetely make again!
Thses are wonderful..I did as other reviews had suggested & left out the coconut, and toppped w/ cheese! Great recipe!