Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Just like the heading states, DREAM BARS, that's just what they are, delicious...easy, and no bake. If you don't have any espresso, regular instant coffee granule can be used
- 3⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons ground espresso powder (fine grind)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot espresso, liquid
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat an 8" x 8" square pan with butter or oil.
- FOR BOTTOM LAYER: Melt 1/2 cup butter in a bowl in the microwave.
- Stir in the cocoa, sugar and 4 tbsp of the ground coffee.
- Add the egg and vanilla; mix completely.
- Gradually stir in the graham cracker crumbs (mixture will be thick).
- Mix in nuts and the coconut.
- Press into pan; chill.
- Cream 1/4 cup of the butter until soft.
- Gradually add the sugar; mix until smooth.
- Stir in ONLY enough liquid expresso to make mixture smooth and easy to spread.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom layer.
- FOR TOP LAYER: Melt the chocolate and the remaining 1 tbsp butter in the microwave.
- Stir in remaining of the GROUND coffee.
- Spread thinly and evenly over the second layer; Chill.
- After the top layer is set (refrigerate for at least 1 hour), cut into squares and serve.