1/1 Photo of Hawaiian Korean Kal Bi Marinade
Original recipe given to me by Hawaiians. Best for grilling pork or beef ribs and even chicken, just stick to 4-5 pounds. Can be halved for smaller amounts of meat or doubled for feeding a crowd. Better than the old red barbecue sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend all ingredients in a large bowl until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 2Dump over meat placed in a long dish covered tightly with plastic wrap or place into ziplock bag(s).
- 3Marinate overnight (or for two days).
- 4Turn meat 3-4 times each day.
- 5Remove from marinade when ready to cook.
- 6Discard marinade.
- 7Grill over low to medium coals or bake in the oven at 325F until cooked through.
- 8Cooking times will vary based on grill/oven heat and type of meat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Korean Kal Bi Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1699.3
- Calories from Fat 1135
- Total Fat 126.2 g
- Saturated Fat 43.3 g
- Cholesterol 417.0 mg
- Sodium 2920.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 112.9 g