Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This ice cream takes a bit more time than others, but its well worth it! Cooking time is freezing time.
- 236.59 ml milk
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml pineapple (cut thin, squezed dry, and flaked up)
- 59.14 ml mashed banana
- Whisk Milk and Sugar together until Sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in Cream, Vanilla, Coconut, Pineapple, and Banana.
- Puree in blender until still slightly chunky.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufactures directions. Freeze until hard in the freezer.
What a treat! I made as listed but didn't bother pureeing it because the pieces of fruit were so small. I used my Kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment and it worked really well. The ice cream wasn't too firm after 30 minutes but it makes one heck of a soft serve! I will make this again and maybe next time it will make it to the freezer! Made for PRMR. Thanks VeggieCook98! :)
Tastes heavenly! Nice balance of our favorite ingredients. Like that the banana does not overwhelm the coconut or pineapple. I also like the amount of vanilla. Very easy to make. Less creamy than regular ice cream but more healthy. Put my ice cream bowl in freezer night before, all my ingredients were cold but after 45 minutes the mixture did not thicken up, put mixture into freezer and after about 4 hours it froze nicely. Perhaps it did not thicken up because I used an 8 ounce container of canned, drained pineapple?? Next time I will skip the ice cream maker aspect and just puree everything in 5 cup blender and then pour into a freezer container. Thank you VC98 for posting.