1/1 Photo of Hawaiian Hamburgers With Grilled Pineapple
6 hrs 12 mins
Plan ahead the shaped uncooked burger patties need to marinate for a minimum of 6 hours to blend the flavors before grilling. If possible use fresh pineapple rings for this about 1/2-inch thick or a little larger. If you prefer a little kick then add in a small amount of cayenne pepper --- You can also use half ground pork and beef --- you will LOVE these burgers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup honey (you can use up to 1/2 cup honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (or use 1 small yellow onion)
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 8 slices of fresh pineapple rings (or use canned pineapple slices, fresh is better!)
- crusty hamburger bun
- lettuce leaf
- 1In a large bowl whisk/mix the first six ingredients together until well blended.
- 2Add in the ground beef with garlic, green onions, black pepper and salt; mix to combine.
- 3Shape the ground beef into 7-8 patties (about 1-inch thick).
- 4Place the shaped patties on a baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 6 hours.
- 5Grill the burgers over medium-high heat, brushing with soy sauce while grilling.
- 6Grill for about 6 minutes per side.
- 7The last 4 minutes or grilling place the pineapple slices on the grill; lightly brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- 8Place a lettuce leaf on each crusty bun.
- 9Top with a grilled burger and then a slice of grilled pineapple.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Hamburgers With Grilled Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 391.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: