Prep 6 hrs
Cook 12 mins
Plan ahead the shaped uncooked burger patties need to marinate for a minimum of 6 hours to blend the flavors before grilling. If possible use fresh pineapple rings for this about 1/2-inch thick or a little larger. If you prefer a little kick then add in a small amount of cayenne pepper --- You can also use half ground pork and beef --- you will LOVE these burgers!
- 1⁄3 cup honey (you can use up to 1/2 cup honey)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (or use 1 small yellow onion)
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 8 slices of fresh pineapple rings (or use canned pineapple slices, fresh is better!)
- crusty hamburger bun
- lettuce leaf
- In a large bowl whisk/mix the first six ingredients together until well blended.
- Add in the ground beef with garlic, green onions, black pepper and salt; mix to combine.
- Shape the ground beef into 7-8 patties (about 1-inch thick).
- Place the shaped patties on a baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 6 hours.
- Grill the burgers over medium-high heat, brushing with soy sauce while grilling.
- Grill for about 6 minutes per side.
- The last 4 minutes or grilling place the pineapple slices on the grill; lightly brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Place a lettuce leaf on each crusty bun.
- Top with a grilled burger and then a slice of grilled pineapple.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Wow these are incredible. I did not have 6 hours to let them marinate but they were still great. I cant wait to try it again and let the meat marinate for the full time.
We added a drizzle of teriaki sauce to the burgers and toasted the buns on the grill.
This meal was unbelievable!!! I followed it exactly and it was the most delicious, juicy hamburger I ever tasted. My husband can't get enough of it. It was also a great meal to make when making up with your honey. I got alot of bonus points with this meal. It also very easy to make.
OOPS!!! I just ran across this recipe and remembered I had made last year and once since then..... This was sooooo delish!!! I love adding spice to the pineapply...nummy! My family and company adored it! You make me look like a good cook Kitten.... thank you!!