Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so yummy and really hits the spot especially in the summer months when it is warm and dinner outside is the answer! Time does not include marinading time.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 6 pineapple rings (or more)
- Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, oil, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger, dry mustard and pepper in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Reserving 1/4-1/2 c of sauce, pour remaining sauce over chicken breasts in a shallow glass dish or ziploc bag.
- Cover or seal and marinate at least 2 to 3 hours, or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grill over medium heat approximately 6 minutes per side, basting with reserved marinade. Grill until done.
- When you turn chicken, if desired, dip pineapple rings in marinade- grill the pineapple sliced turning once.
- Top chicken with pineapple and serve over rice.
- Serves 6.
Quick and yummy.
Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.