Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Hawaii may not be your vacation destination this year, but don't worry. This sandwich brings the flacors of the islands to your table." Cuisine at Home eRECIPES.
- 5 slices thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 French baguettes (36 inches total)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 a lime, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil-and-vinegar salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- Preheat broiler to high with rack 6 inches from the element.
- Sauté bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, 8–10 minutes; drain bacon on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Prepare baguettes by slicing top third off and removing bread inside; set aside for another use.
- Cut whole baguette into 4 equal portions and half baguette into 2 portions.
- Brush each piece with 1 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and broil on a baking sheet until toasted, 2–3 minutes.
- Process cilantro, mint, gingerroot, and lime juice in food processor until minced; add mayonnaise and yogurt; pulse to combine.
- Season mixture with salt, pepper & crushed red pepper flakes.
- Combine chicken, nuts, and bacon with cilantro mixture; set aside.
- Toss spinach with salad dressing; stir pineapple and jalapeno together in a bowl.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICHES:.
- Divide spinach among baguettes; top ech with 1/2 cup chicken salad and 2–3 tablespoons pineapple mixture.
- Garnish sandwiches with bell pepper.