"Hawaii may not be your vacation destination this year, but don't worry. This sandwich brings the flacors of the islands to your table." Cuisine at Home eRECIPES.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slices thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 French baguettes (36 inches total)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 a lime, juice of
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil-and-vinegar salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1Preheat broiler to high with rack 6 inches from the element.
- 2Sauté bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, 8–10 minutes; drain bacon on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- 3Prepare baguettes by slicing top third off and removing bread inside; set aside for another use.
- 4Cut whole baguette into 4 equal portions and half baguette into 2 portions.
- 5Brush each piece with 1 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and broil on a baking sheet until toasted, 2–3 minutes.
- 6Process cilantro, mint, gingerroot, and lime juice in food processor until minced; add mayonnaise and yogurt; pulse to combine.
- 7Season mixture with salt, pepper & crushed red pepper flakes.
- 8Combine chicken, nuts, and bacon with cilantro mixture; set aside.
- 9Toss spinach with salad dressing; stir pineapple and jalapeno together in a bowl.
- 10TO ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICHES:.
- 11Divide spinach among baguettes; top ech with 1/2 cup chicken salad and 2–3 tablespoons pineapple mixture.
- 12Garnish sandwiches with bell pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.8
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 1120.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: