Recipe by Larkabug
This is another easy family favorite which combines a nice meat loaf with a sweet-sour sauce. The recipe makes two loaves so I usually freeze one for later. This makes a great meal when paired with rice and a fresh veggie and/or a salad. Believe me, you'll like this one!
Top Review by Aunt Paula
I really, really enjoyed this recipe. It is comfort food at its best. I even ate this as leftovers, I mean just this alone no side dishes. And I'm not big on leftovers! The sweet and sour sauce on top just gives it a wonderful flavor. And I have an extra one in the freezer for next time!
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4.92 ml instant minced onion
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 14.79 ml snipped parsley
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml soft breadcrumbs (1 1/4 slices bread)
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 453.59 g jar sweet and sour sauce
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, blend gravy mix and milk.
- Add instant minced onion; let stand a few minutes.
- Add eggs, parsley, soy sauce, salt and pepper; stir in bread crumbs.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
- Shape into two loaves; place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Spoon off excess fat.
- Pour a little sweet-sour sauce over loaves.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining sauce to serve with rice.