1/1 Photo of Hawaiian Barbecued Short Ribs
2 hrs 40 mins
Sweet, sticky, and tangy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan combine first 8 ingredients. Cook over meium heat to dissolve the sugar, but do not boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2To marinade, place the meat in a container and pour the sauce over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours rotating the meat occasionally.
- 3Remove the ribs from the marinade and reserve the marinade in a saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil, turn off and set aside.
- 4Place the ribs on the grill (low heat) and sear for 8 minutes on each side.
- 5Baste the ribs with the marinade after each turn. Cook for 5 minutes then turn and baste the second side.
- 6Continue turning and basting every 5 minutes until the ribs are done, 25-30 minutes. The meat should be slightly pink on the inside and crusty brown on the outside.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Barbecued Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2051.9
- Calories from Fat 1480
- Total Fat 164.5 g
- Saturated Fat 71.5 g
- Cholesterol 344.7 mg
- Sodium 4263.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 73.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder