Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Found this recipe on the web. This is a super MOIST flavorful banana bread that includes pineapple in its recipe. You could probably add coconut to add another dimension to this recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups mashed bananas (ripe)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped walnuts
- Add sugar,eggs and oil in large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the nuts and blend well with electric mixer.
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 60-70 minutes or until done.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe! We don't eat eggs, so I used 3 tbsp of Ener-G brand egg substitute instead. I also toasted the walnuts for a few minutes while I was preheating the oven. I made them into exactly 12 muffins and baked for about 50 min. Thanks!
Super easy to make and very tasty! I made mine gluten free by using 2 c. brown rice flour, 1 c. tapioca starch and 1 Tbsp xanthan gum in place of the flour. Also used maple syrup in place of the sugar.
This tasted fabulous even with a severe cold! I subbed one cup whole wheat flour and sprinkled the top with sweetened flaked coconut and some brown sugar. Perfection! Two 9x5x4-inch loaves took 65 minutes (had to tent aluminum foil over them after 30 minutes to prevent the tops burning. This may not replace my standard banana bread entirely, but it's definitely going to be on the short list of variations. I froze one loaf to eat later when my sense of taste and smell are back to normal. :)