Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a Rachael Ray recipe. Doug loves all things teriyaki, so this was a big hit. Be sure to grill the pineapple well.
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (I used 2 t. garlic in jar)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce (found in international section)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cored fresh pineapple, cut into rings
- Mix turkey with ginger, soy sauce, garlic and onions.
- Form into patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side on grill.
- As burgers cook, baste with hoisin mixed with sesame oil.
- Grill pineapple rings alongside burgers.
- Place burgers on buns and top with grilled pineapple rings and lettuce.
Full of flavor! Hoisin sauce and pineapple on your turkey burger. I am sure teriyaki sauce would do as well. I added 1 ts salt and white pepper to the burger mix.
How do I rate this? There is none left. I chose to change nothing and I am glad I chose to do so. I made this along with A Pina Colada Pina Colada for just my DH and I. What a nice burger! A must make again. Excellant!