Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Down the road from my hometown, there is a man who makes the most WONDERFUL organic cheese. His prices are reasonable and of all the varieties he makes, Havarti is my favorite. Now, this is coming from someone who grew up eating nothing but Kraft singles and Velveeta. I am not a big Cheddar person when eating it by itself, but I could eat my weight in Havarti. I love this stuff and could possibly drink it. Oh, and this recipe is my first try at fondue. I'm pretty proud of it!
- In heavy 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth; heat to boiling. Boil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, 1 cup at a time, stirring over low heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour cheese mixture into a fondue pot or a little crockpot; keep warm over low heat.
- Serve with various dippers - French bread cubes, crackers, or vegetables.
I made this for valentines and it just wasn't our thing. I'm not rating it because I think it is a food preference and not a bad recipe. We are more cheddar people and this is a white cheese. I was trying something different. I can see if you like this cheese it would be a very good recipe.