My kids love this and so do I.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded 5-cheese Italian cheese blend (KRAFT makes this, should be found by the other shredded cheeses.)
- 6 slices havarti cheese (may be found at the deli)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb Italian sausage (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh or powder)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more or less as needed)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Boil water and cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- 3Coat a medium sized frying pan with the olive oil.
- 4Cut the sausage into meatball sized slices and place in the medium sized frying pan.
- 5Fry the sausage on medium-low heat until cooked 3/4 of the way through.
- 6Slice up the onion into small pieces and add into the frying pan, cook until the sausage is done.
- 7Transfer the onion and sausage into a medium sized pot, add the spaghetti sauce and the garlic.
- 8Cover the sauce and heat until it's warm.
- 9Drain the pasta and stir in the sauce mix.
- 10Transfer everything into a large casserole dish
- 11Get your cheeses, place the slices of Havarti on top of the pasta in one or two layers.
- 12Sprinkle the remaining cheeses evenly on top.
- 13Sprinkle the parsley evenly over the cheeses.
- 14Bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Havarti and Sausage Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1244.6
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 2427.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 61.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend