Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids love this and so do I.
Make and share this Havarti and Sausage Baked Ziti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded 5-cheese Italian cheese blend (KRAFT makes this, should be found by the other shredded cheeses.)
- 6 slices havarti cheese (may be found at the deli)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb Italian sausage (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh or powder)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more or less as needed)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil water and cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Coat a medium sized frying pan with the olive oil.
- Cut the sausage into meatball sized slices and place in the medium sized frying pan.
- Fry the sausage on medium-low heat until cooked 3/4 of the way through.
- Slice up the onion into small pieces and add into the frying pan, cook until the sausage is done.
- Transfer the onion and sausage into a medium sized pot, add the spaghetti sauce and the garlic.
- Cover the sauce and heat until it's warm.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the sauce mix.
- Transfer everything into a large casserole dish
- Get your cheeses, place the slices of Havarti on top of the pasta in one or two layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses evenly on top.
- Sprinkle the parsley evenly over the cheeses.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.