Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids love this and so do I.
Make and share this Havarti and Sausage Baked Ziti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded 5-cheese Italian cheese blend (KRAFT makes this, should be found by the other shredded cheeses.)
- 6 slices havarti cheese (may be found at the deli)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb Italian sausage (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh or powder)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more or less as needed)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil water and cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Coat a medium sized frying pan with the olive oil.
- Cut the sausage into meatball sized slices and place in the medium sized frying pan.
- Fry the sausage on medium-low heat until cooked 3/4 of the way through.
- Slice up the onion into small pieces and add into the frying pan, cook until the sausage is done.
- Transfer the onion and sausage into a medium sized pot, add the spaghetti sauce and the garlic.
- Cover the sauce and heat until it's warm.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the sauce mix.
- Transfer everything into a large casserole dish
- Get your cheeses, place the slices of Havarti on top of the pasta in one or two layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses evenly on top.
- Sprinkle the parsley evenly over the cheeses.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.