Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Served mostly at a Hawaiian Luau. Prep and cook times approximate. Cook time does not include chill time. This is cut into squares.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Lower heat and cook for ten minutes, stirring constantly to avoid lumping or burning.
- Pour into 8x8 inch dish and chill until set.
- Cut haupia into squares.
- NOTE: May be topped with crushed pineapple, sliced peaches or sliced mango.
I bet this would be good with some mango and crushed pineapple mixed in and Macadamia nuts finely chopped for over the top, with some Cool Whip... Might just have to try it to see!
Very nice - next time I might add a bit of vanilla essence or substitute some milk for the water. Lovely and light.
Great flavor, easy recipe. note to Eric T Johnson, if this did not set for you you did not cook it long enough. I gets very stiff in the pan as you cook it. Try it again, you'll like it! Miki