Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: Local newspaper.
Top Review by Mirj
Quick, easy, and delicious! I always have roasted red peppers sitting in the fridge just waiting to be used in recipes, so I used those instead of roasting green peppers. We had them for a light supper, but I think I might prep them one evening and then just pop them into the oven for a quick and savory breakfast.
- 6 large green hatch bell peppers (or Anaheim chile peppers)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup queso blanco or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- cilantro, snipped, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Brush peppers with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill or broil peppers until skins char and peppers are softened (10 minutes), turning occasionally. Let peppers cool. Peel and discard skins.
- Make a T-shaped cut on the sided of each pepper, remove seeds and membranes.
- Heat remaining oil (1 tablespoon) in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add cumin to the oil and then pour in the eggs, salt and pepper seeds (if desired). Stir and scramble eggs. Set aside and when cool add cheese.
- Spoon filling into each pepper and then place them on a foil-lined rack.
- Grill or bake peppers on lowest setting of a closed grill or in a 350°F oven until heated through and cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and snipped cilantro.