Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These are so easy to make and go with just about anything. It's a great change to the usual baked potato. You can use a different kind of cheese if you like. Hope you enjoy.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut potatoes into 1/8 inch slices, cutting only 3/4 through.
- Place cut side up in greased baking dish.
- Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in 375° oven for 45 to 50 minutes, brushing with butter once or twice .
- Mix cheese and bread crumbs.
- When potatoes start to spread, sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs and then sprinkle with paprika. Bake until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
YUM! These were good; I'll be sure to fix them this winter. I used a wooden spoon, sitting right in front of the potato, while slicing, to preserve the bottom, without slicing through. I sprinkled with buttered panko and fresh grated parmesan, as it is what I had on hand. We enjoyed the crunch from the bread crumbs, and I *may* add some crumbled, crispy bacon next time! :D Thanks for sharing a great recipe, ~Nimz~!
Made these for Zaar Cookbook tag and they were delicious. I cut the recipe in half and did add some minced garlic but otherwise followed the instructions. Served them with recipe#102851#102851 and fresh steamed broccoli. Thank you for posting.
These are so good and easy to make adding your own twist! Fun for kids to decide what they want on theirs, too.