Hasselback Potatoes With Sage and Parmesan
I love hasselback potatoes and this one has some lovely flavours incorporated, from Recipes+
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 12 potatoes (small new washed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sage (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- To make each potato sit flat, trim and piece from each (to allow it to sit flat) and using a small sharp knife, cut thin slits in top of potatoes at 3mm intervals, being careful not to cut all the way through (I put a wooden spoon either side of the potato to prevent this happening).
- Place the potatoes, cut side up, on prepared tray and brush with oil and sprinkle with salt, sage and parmesan and bake for 1 hour or until golden and tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made a mistake and peeled my potatoes, and then forgot to add the sage.But never the less, these still worked really well! We loved the added parmesan, I thought it would burn, but it didn't go anywhere near it! The cooking time was just perfect for the size potatoes I had.Great recipe, I am going to try again, with the sage next time. ;-)Thanks Pat.<br/>UPDATE:<br/>Have made these 3 times now and apart from the good old roast potato, these are the family favourite! So easy and just such wonderful flavours with the sage and parmesan.
This was just delicious! I used yellow flesh potatoes, pink salt and completely forgot to use the sage. Oops! That's okay because I'll make these again. We were hungry so I cooked them in the microwave first, until just over half done. Then I cut them and baked them for 20 minutes. Perfect! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)