Avocados add such flavor and color to a meal. This is yummy. Adopted from the Haas Avocado Board. Enjoy!
- Saute mushroom about 5 minutes, till cooked. Place in small bowl.
- Beat eggs with fork until light and lemon colored.
- Stir in green onion, mushrooms, avocado and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture into oiled 12" skillet; cook until bottom of omelet is set, 3-5 minutes.
- Flip omelet over in pan; continue to cook until set.
- Cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve.
I feel selfish & indulgent, but can that be our little secret? I made early morning coffee & spent time w/DH while he ate his cereal & toast b4 he left for work. Then I went straight to my kitchen & made a single serving of this omelette just for me! I even added bacon! Now how indulgent is that? This recipe was a sure-fire winner! How could it not be when you have avocado, mushrooms, cheese, bacon & an appetite? Great recipe, Sharon! Thx for sharing it w/us.
I loved this! Super easy yet quite wonderful! I made this exactly per the recipe minus the cheese (crazy non dairy people!) and it was great! With a cup of coffee and you have a perfect way to start your day! Will be making this again! Thank you!
A Wonderful high protien breakfast to help the body to shovel 6-8 inches of snow that fell this last night. Delish loved the shrooms scallions and avocado in the omlete. I did use swiss in place of the cheddar. Thanks Sharon.