Recipe by Sharon123
Avocados add such flavor and color to a meal. This is yummy. Adopted from the Haas Avocado Board. Enjoy!
Top Review by twissis
I feel selfish & indulgent, but can that be our little secret? I made early morning coffee & spent time w/DH while he ate his cereal & toast b4 he left for work. Then I went straight to my kitchen & made a single serving of this omelette just for me! I even added bacon! Now how indulgent is that? This recipe was a sure-fire winner! How could it not be when you have avocado, mushrooms, cheese, bacon & an appetite? Great recipe, Sharon! Thx for sharing it w/us.
- 8 eggs
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, sauteed
- 1 Hass avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushroom about 5 minutes, till cooked. Place in small bowl.
- Beat eggs with fork until light and lemon colored.
- Stir in green onion, mushrooms, avocado and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture into oiled 12" skillet; cook until bottom of omelet is set, 3-5 minutes.
- Flip omelet over in pan; continue to cook until set.
- Cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve.