photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or as desired)
- 1 dash pepper (or as desired)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- grated cheese, as desired (I used pepper jack but you could use any you desire)
- 1 small onion, diced (I used green onions, tops only but you could use regular onion if you prefer)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (or as desired, can also use the imitation bacon bits for vegetarian)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (can use more if desired)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (you could also just put these in the omelet instead of the sauce, however you prefer)
- 2 avocados
- In med. skillet cook onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper and chili powder in butter. Simmer several minutes or until onions are soft.
- Remove from heat.
- While onions are simmering, peel avocados and reserve a few slices for garnish.
- Mash remaining avocados and add to the onion mixture. Simmer a few minutes to unite flavors.
- Serve the sauce in a small pitcher or gravy boat so that your guests & family can "pour it on.".
- Make the omelet from the omelet ingredients as you would a normal omelet with the diced avocado in the middle, and the cheese. Pour the sauce over the cooked omelet and enjoy. YUM!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wouldn't call the sauce a true sauce, I would call it a topping. It is not pretty to look at BUT it tastes AMAZING! My husband ate 3 omelets by himself! The flavors are really good...and this is coming from a person who hates omelets! It is very satisfying and filling. I will make it again, thanks for sharing the recipe. I had never heard of an avocado omelet before this! I always have overripe tomatoes and avocadoes on hand...this works for me!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married, have three children and two grandchildren. My youngest "oops" baby is just turning 17 and is going to be a senior in high school in the fall.. I love to cook and collect recipes. I get a lot of my good recipes from church potlucks. Since I am now retired and a stay at home mom, I have time to search the RecipeZaar site and try a lot of the recipes. We love living on the coast and would never move back inland!