Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This was made up one Saturday morning at the lake with my husband, my Dad and Step Mom. This includes ingredients that we always have on hand, and most households typically have on hand. Very easy, from start to finish. We make this for dinner quite often, along with a slice of toast with butter and garlic.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt or pepper or garlic salt
- sour cream or salsa
- Fry your bacon until crisp. Remove from pan (leave a teaspoon of bacon grease in the pan to fry your hash browns in), let cool, then crumble.
- Fry hash browns in same skillet that bacon was fried in - cook until done, flipping when browned on the first side. Once browned on the second side, flip again and put your crumbled bacon on top, then top that with shredded cheddar cheese. Cover pan, cook until cheese is melted. Remove from pan, top with sour cream or salsa. Enjoy!