1/1 Photo of Hash Browns Potato Soup
This is a super easy and delicious soup from a restaurant called The Market Place. Using precooked or leftover bacon is a time-saver. I use light sour cream and light Velveeta for less fat content. Note that butter is optional, but sour cream a must. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes and onion in large pan and barely cover with water.
- 2Cook until potatoes are tender; do not drain.
- 3Mash with potato masher to desired consistency.
- 4Add butter, if using, sour cream, velveeta, salt & pepper, and garlic powder.
- 5Heat until cheese is melted - do not boil.
- 6If mixture is too thick, add milk to desired soupy consistency.
- 7Serve with crumbled bacon on top of each serving. Great with a thick, hearty bread!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.4
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 695.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g