This is a super easy and delicious soup from a restaurant called The Market Place. Using precooked or leftover bacon is a time-saver. I use light sour cream and light Velveeta for less fat content. Note that butter is optional, but sour cream a must. Enjoy!
- Place potatoes and onion in large pan and barely cover with water.
- Cook until potatoes are tender; do not drain.
- Mash with potato masher to desired consistency.
- Add butter, if using, sour cream, velveeta, salt & pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat until cheese is melted - do not boil.
- If mixture is too thick, add milk to desired soupy consistency.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top of each serving. Great with a thick, hearty bread!