Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix first 6 ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into greased casserole dish and top with sharp cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
First time I ever tried this at a church get together. The lady gave me the recipe, and she added both the chicken soup, and a can of mushroom soup. It was the best stuff I ever tasted. I made it for years for family dinners til I had to go on a diet, Bummer!! This is so very good, and made better by the addition of the extra can of mushroom soup. My recipe also called for just cheddar cheese... 8 oz or more, and she sprinkled crushed cracker crumbs on top of hers.
Superior potato casserole recipe. Much better than using the cream of chicken soup base. No leftovers, always a sign of a great recipe.