Recipe by Vicki G.
A delicious potato side dish, which freezes well.
Top Review by jackieblue
This makes a very good breakfast/brunch casserole. I used non-frozen shredded potatoes (because that's what was at Aldi!) and I added about a cup of ham cut into very small pieces. I left out about a cup of potatoes, but I don't think I really needed to. I mixed all of the ingredents together (except cornflakes and paprika) and I froze without the cornflakes in 2 8x8 foil pans sprayed with canola oil. I thawed, added the crushed cornflakes, and cooked at 350 for about an hour and ten minutes. I am glad I have another in the freezer for another day. I would definitely make this again with ham in it for brunch. The cornflake crust on top really adds a nice touch. Thanks, Vicki G!
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cottage cheese, lemon juice, milk, soup, butter, cheddar cheese, and salt.
- Place hash browns in lightly greased 9"x13" casserole dish.
- Pour cheese mixture evenly over hash browns.
- Top with crushed cornflakes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.
- Note: This makes a 9"x13" casserole, but can be divided into smaller casserole dishes and frozen (before or after baking).