Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious potato side dish, which freezes well.
Make and share this Hash Browns Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together cottage cheese, lemon juice, milk, soup, butter, cheddar cheese, and salt.
- Place hash browns in lightly greased 9"x13" casserole dish.
- Pour cheese mixture evenly over hash browns.
- Top with crushed cornflakes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.
- Note: This makes a 9"x13" casserole, but can be divided into smaller casserole dishes and frozen (before or after baking).
This makes a very good breakfast/brunch casserole. I used non-frozen shredded potatoes (because that's what was at Aldi!) and I added about a cup of ham cut into very small pieces. I left out about a cup of potatoes, but I don't think I really needed to. I mixed all of the ingredents together (except cornflakes and paprika) and I froze without the cornflakes in 2 8x8 foil pans sprayed with canola oil. I thawed, added the crushed cornflakes, and cooked at 350 for about an hour and ten minutes. I am glad I have another in the freezer for another day. I would definitely make this again with ham in it for brunch. The cornflake crust on top really adds a nice touch. Thanks, Vicki G!