Recipe by Veghead
Perfect summer side dish for grilled or roasted meats.
Top Review by Sharlene~W
Love this salad. I found it in the Nob Hill recipe magazine, tried it, photographed it, and was going to post it myself! We accidently forgot the basil, but added crumbled blue cheese and it was "hella bam"! I'm making it again for Thanksgiving dinner for sure!
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes or until rice is tender and splitting open. Drain excess water and let cool.
- Place cooled rice in a large bowl with celery, apple, walnuts, raisins, onion and basil.
- Pour dijon vinaigrette dressing over salad and toss well. Season to taste with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring once or twice.