Perfect summer side dish for grilled or roasted meats.
Make and share this Harvest Wild Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes or until rice is tender and splitting open. Drain excess water and let cool.
- Place cooled rice in a large bowl with celery, apple, walnuts, raisins, onion and basil.
- Pour dijon vinaigrette dressing over salad and toss well. Season to taste with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring once or twice.