1/1 Photo of Harvest Ratatouille
Geniale Genie's Note:
Yes, I know there are already many ratatouille recipes out there. This is my version, I happen to love it. Try it if you like :) This came from a "Vegetarian Times" magazine, October 1999 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small eggplants, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (1 1/4lbs - 6 cups)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch chunks (1lb)
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1Place eggplant cubes in a colander in sink.
- 2Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and toss to mix.
- 3Let stand 5 minutes, then rinse under cold running water.
- 4Drain well.
- 5Pat dry with paper towels.
- 6In non-stick Dutch oven or large, wide saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 7Add eggplant to cook, stirring occasionally, until golden at edges and beginning to soften, 6-7 minutes.
- 8Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
- 9Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden and beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 10Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 11Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup of water, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 12Bring to a boil.
- 13Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer briskly until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened slightly - about 7 minutes.
- 14Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- 15Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 687.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: