Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipes sounds so delicious. It was sent to me by my daughter Peggy. Time does not include cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large ripe Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices (3 cups)
- 2 large golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut in to thin slices (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- For filling,combine sugar,flour and cinnamon in a large bowl; add fruit and juice or water,mix well.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole dish or a 11 x 7-inch baking dish; top with butter pieces.
- For dumplings, combine flour, sugar,baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; ADD cheese; mix well; add milk and butter; mix until dry ingredients are moistened, drop dough into 8 or 9 mounds over fruit mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and dumplings are golden brown; transfer to a cooling rack; let stand at least 20 minutes before serving, serve warm, enjoy.