1 hr 5 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This recipes sounds so delicious. It was sent to me by my daughter Peggy. Time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large ripe Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices (3 cups)
- 2 large golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut in to thin slices (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1For filling,combine sugar,flour and cinnamon in a large bowl; add fruit and juice or water,mix well.
- 2Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole dish or a 11 x 7-inch baking dish; top with butter pieces.
- 3For dumplings, combine flour, sugar,baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; ADD cheese; mix well; add milk and butter; mix until dry ingredients are moistened, drop dough into 8 or 9 mounds over fruit mixture.
- 4Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and dumplings are golden brown; transfer to a cooling rack; let stand at least 20 minutes before serving, serve warm, enjoy.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Pear & Apple Cobbler With Cheddar Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 371.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g