1 hr 5 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This recipes sounds so delicious. It was sent to me by my daughter Peggy. Time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large ripe Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices (3 cups)
- 2 large golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut in to thin slices (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1For filling,combine sugar,flour and cinnamon in a large bowl; add fruit and juice or water,mix well.
- 2Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole dish or a 11 x 7-inch baking dish; top with butter pieces.
- 3For dumplings, combine flour, sugar,baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; ADD cheese; mix well; add milk and butter; mix until dry ingredients are moistened, drop dough into 8 or 9 mounds over fruit mixture.
- 4Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and dumplings are golden brown; transfer to a cooling rack; let stand at least 20 minutes before serving, serve warm, enjoy.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Pear & Apple Cobbler With Cheddar Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 371.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g