Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipes sounds so delicious. It was sent to me by my daughter Peggy. Time does not include cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large ripe Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices (3 cups)
- 2 large golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut in to thin slices (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- For filling,combine sugar,flour and cinnamon in a large bowl; add fruit and juice or water,mix well.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole dish or a 11 x 7-inch baking dish; top with butter pieces.
- For dumplings, combine flour, sugar,baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; ADD cheese; mix well; add milk and butter; mix until dry ingredients are moistened, drop dough into 8 or 9 mounds over fruit mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and dumplings are golden brown; transfer to a cooling rack; let stand at least 20 minutes before serving, serve warm, enjoy.