Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty soup,just serve with a good crusty bread.
- 2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1 large potato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pinch dried red pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil (for drizziling)
- Combine liquids,potato and garlic in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat and cook until potato is tender (about 15 minutes) Mash potato slightly with fork.
- Add zucchini and kidney beans,heat thoroughly.
- Add seasonings.
- Ladle into 4 soup bowls and drizzle each serving with a small amount of olive oil.