Recipe by David GM
Haroseth is a traditional Jewish recipe with many different variations according to the part of the world that the recipe originated. This one is deliciou is great on the side in place of a relish, or served on crackers. It also keeps well in the fridge for about a week.
- 118.29 ml walnuts
- 118.29 ml almonds
- 2 large apples
- 10 pitted dates
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 29.58-59.16 ml grape juice (red is traditional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the nuts in a pre-heated 300 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Peel, core and quarter apples. If dates and raisins are clumped, separate them.
- Place apples, dates and raisins in a food processor and pulse chop until coarsely chopped (about 6 pulses) then process continuously for about 12 seconds, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add cinnamon, juice and nuts and pulse chop about 7 pulses until coarsely chopped.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.