Recipe by Noeller67
This colorful salad is happy because it isn't drowning in a heavy mayonnaise or sour cream dressing. Your heart will be happy because it's a healthy salad and YOU'LL be happy because this salad tastes GREAT! Everyone I have served this to loved it and had no idea it was "healthy".
Top Review by Midwest Maven
This was a great salad! Very easy to make and delicious. I used fresh pineapple, because I already had one, and added a lil over a cup of it chunked up. I also sprinkled a little cinnamon in there and it was just perfect for us. I'd love to try craisins and either walnuts or pecans in it next time I make this, thanks! Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 2 large Red Delicious apples
- 3 large granny smith apples
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup rough chopped raw almonds
- 6 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and cut the apples into bite-sized pieces and toss with lemon juice to prevent the apple pieces from browning.
- In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together except the yogurt.
- Gently fold in yogurt and chill the salad before serving.
- NOTE: sometimes I substitute 1/2 c finely chopped celery for the raisins for a less sweet salad.