Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from the book the strawberry sortcake murder by Joanne Fluke
Make and share this Hannah Swensen's Hawaiian Flan recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare an ungreased 8x8 inch square pan.
- Combine one cup of sugar with water.
- bring to a boil, stirring at first and then swishing around until becomes golden brown.
- Pour the syrup into the pan and tip to coat the sides.
- Set this aside as you make your custard. It is normal to hear cracking sounds as the caramel cools.
- Beat the eggs until yellow and thick.
- add condensed milk, remaining suagr and salt.
- Mix in pineapple juice and beat throughly with electric hand mixer.
- Put mixture through strainer into your baking pan.
- Place custard pan inside a larger pan.
- pour hot water in larger pan until up to sides of custard.
- Bake on 350 for one hour.
- Remove custard from pan and cool on wire rack for ten minutes.
- Top wih crushed pineapple, coocnut and whipped cream.