Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy treats, perfect for a football party!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- cayenne pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf sliced rye cocktail bread
- brown hamburger, sausage and onion.
- Add Velveeta cheese until melted, sprinkle cayenne pepper and pepper flakes to taste.
- Let cool completely.
- Mound onto cocktail rye slices and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly.
This recipe is SPOT ON! I use both regular Velveeta and the newer Velveeta Queso Blanco!
Don't let the name fool you... these are the best treats and they freeze wonderfully! I usually make a double batch, cook them ALMOST all the way but leave them a bit underdone, let them cool, and put them in a big Ziploc freezer bag. If you have unexpected company, just pull out a cookie sheet and reheat!
this was a hit at family night