Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe in the "Mable Hoffman's Crockery Cookery" cookbook.
Make and share this Hamburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Crumble beef into a slow cooker.
- Add pepper, oregano, basil, seasoned salt and dry soup mix.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce and soy sauce, then add celery and carrots.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
- Turn control to HIGH.
- Add cooked macaroni and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- Serve hot.
This is one of our family favorites! I've been making it for years and am happy to see that someone has already posted it. Thanks!
This hearty soup was a hit with my kids. Thanks for posting!