Recipe by Kansas A
Here's a great recipe for crackers to use at Christmas. I've made this several ways, instead of just hamburger I've used a combination of ground deer and ground beef or ground moose and beef. You could probably use any combination of meat but I suggest adding a non-lean ground meat such as beef or pork because you don't want it to be too dry. I have cooked this on the second day and it's pretty much the same as the fourth day but you should let it sit for a minimum of 24 hours with at least one good mix during that time.
- 5 lbs ground beef (or 5 lbs ground meat combination-see note above)
- 4 -5 teaspoons curing salt, rounded
- 5 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke salt or 1 tablespoon liquid smoke