Recipe by Dienia B.
A simple meat and taters casserole; very old recipe; everything is kind of from scratch. I am sure you could use instant potatoes and canned beans. There are instructions on what to do if you want biscuits on this. In the old days they did that a lot. Just use your own biscuit recipe if you want to add them. This is going to be bland. Mid Westerners like their food that way; add more spices if you like.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely easy to make recipe, & delicious, too! Made it as given & mixed the shredded cheese into the potatoes for the topping! Definitely a make again kind of recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 3⁄4 salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cooked and drained
- 6 potatoes, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup milk, warm
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown ground beef and onions; drain fat.
- Add salt, pepper, tomato soup, and green beans.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Mash hot potatoes; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add warm milk and egg; mix.
- Drop mashed potatoes in mounds on top of meat mixture; spread if desired.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese on top, or mix into potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until hot and bubbly.
- If adding biscuits, cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit; add biscuits on top; turn oven up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit; bake 15 or 20 more minutes until biscuits are golden.