Recipe by Sackville
A good way to stretch ground beef when times are tight. A recipe from Saskatchewan, and published in the Laura Secord cookbook of Canadian food.
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the hamburger, onion, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in the egg yolks, then fold in the whites.
- Drop like pancakes on to a hot griddle or frying pan (greased, if not non-stick).
- Turn once so they are browned on both sides.
- Serve alone or with tomato or mushroom sauce.