Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Italian themed hamburger cassarole,
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (3 ounce) jar button mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- preheat oven 375 degees.
- chop and saute onions and green pepper.
- brown ground beef.
- mix all ingredients except parmesan cheese.
- spread evenly in baking dish.
- bake covered for 40 minutes.
- uncover and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- bake uncovered 5 minutes.
This was a big hit with my son. He liked to have this for his lunch at school. Even me and DH liked this a lot. I used fresh mushrooms but chopped finely. Thanks cntrybtchs :) Made for PAC Fall 2011