Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A easy to make great tasting topping to compliment your burgers and hot dogs. It's an old recipe I learned from my dad.
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced fine
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (vegetable oil is good too)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Saute onions and peppers in oil. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- Not only is this great on burgers and dogs it goes great on left over meatloaf sandwiches!