Chef #391517's Note:
This dough is the best. It will make approx. 72 buns. I like this recipe because its really easy! I've been making this recipe for many years now in the cafeteria at the school where I am chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using industrial mixer:.
- 2Combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt and dry yeast.
- 3Add shortening.
- 4Heat the milk and water to a warm state.
- 5Add both to dry ingredients; mix well.
- 6Let mix for approximately 5 minutes.
- 7This will activate the yeast to bring out the gluten in the flour.
- 8Turn out onto floured board and cover and let rise to twice its size.
- 9Cut dough into 5 1/l2 lb. balls. Let rise again.
- 10Then, divide into 36 balls.
- 11Can use as hamburger buns or roll to make hot dog rolls.
- 12Arrange onto baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 13Bake at 350° till golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger/Hot Dog Buns for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 195.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g