Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My stepkids and my husband LOVE this! It's so simple even HE can make it. It's really pretty good TOO!
- Cook ground beef in skillet and drain.
- Pour vegetable oil into skillet heat on medium high.
- Add potatoes, peppers, onion, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper.
- Cook until potatoes are browned on the outside and soft on the inside, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Drain oil from poatoes and place in large bowl.
- Add ground beef and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in ketchup until the beef and potato mixture is coated to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Kids like it a lot! Added some seasoning salt to give it some extra flavor, but not all that much, and omitted the red pepper flakes as the 3 year old isn't a spice fan.
I used salsa instead of ketchup, and my husband loved it! Also, substitute sausage for the burger, add some scrambled eggs and you've got an awesome breakfast burrito!
My ketchup-loving DH thought this was great, but my 3 year-old daughter and I didn't care for it, so I'm averaging that out to three stars. If I tried it again, I might try using pizza sauce instead of ketchup for a different flavor. This was quick and easy, so I might make it again for my DH.