Pork Chops O'brien
photo by cajunhippiegirl
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops, cut 1/2 to 3/4 in. thick
- seasoning salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup or (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, which ever you like
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) bag O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large siillet heat the oil and brown the pork chops on both sides. Drain.
- Season the chops with the Seasoned Salt.
- Set chops aside.
- In a large bowl combine soup, milk, sour cream, pepper and 1/2 tsp Seasoned salt.
- Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 can of French Fried onions.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9 x 13 inches baking dish.
- Arrange the pork chops on top.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until pork chops are done.
- Top the chops with the remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake (uncovered) 5 minutes until cheese is melted and onions are brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I haven't made this in years, but it was a real family favorite the men LOVE it! I do add garlic powder to the chops before browning them (and use boness chops as well)and I do stir in about a 1/2 c. sour cream to the potato mixture. Now that the weather is cooling off I will have to make this again. Thanks for posting this long forgotten favorite!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a displaced Southern boy living in Montana. I love it here though. I've been here for 30 years, so I must. I like to fish, camp and I love to garden. I like to fool around in the kitchen and see what I can dream up sometimes. It's just me and the missus now and I do most of the cooking. I leave Holidays to her though since she laid dibs on those.<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="photobucket">