Stuffed Chicken Breasts O'Brien
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from the fabulous "Junior League Centennial Cookbook", originally published in the Charleston, WV Junior League book "Mountain Measures-A Second Serving". I haven't actually tried it yet but plan to very soon.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 whole chicken breasts, boned but with skin left on
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, washed,dried and chopped
- 1⁄2 ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the chicken in one layer.
- Place the breasts on a work surface, skin side up.
- Starting at the top, gently pull the skin away from the meat to form a pocket, leaving the sides still attached.
- Combine the spinach, cheeses, and seasonings.
- Divide into 4 portions.
- Place 1 portion of filling under the skin of each breast.
- Smooth the skin over the filling, tucking the ends under.
- Rub each breast with butter and place in the buttered baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve sliced, hot or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION