Inexpensive way to feed a crowd. Definately one of our favorite comfort foods! We love it over baked potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1/2 cup flour (depending on fat content of beef)
- 3 -4 cups milk (can be mixed with water)
- 1 small onion, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- any other herbs or spices, you desire
- 1In a large frying pan, brown hamburger, crumbling as you go.
- 2Add minced onion and cook until translucent.
- 3Sprinkle flour over cooked beef, and stir thoroughly.
- 4Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add 2 cups milk, stir well and add all seasonings at this point.
- 6Simmer, adding more liquid as gravy thickens.
- 7Cook to desired consistancy, and serve over any style potatoes, pasta, rice, or toast.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Gravy My Way
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 575.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 36.3 g