Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Inexpensive way to feed a crowd. Definately one of our favorite comfort foods! We love it over baked potatoes!
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup flour (depending on fat content of beef)
- 3 -4 cups milk (can be mixed with water)
- 1 small onion, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- any other herbs or spices, you desire
- In a large frying pan, brown hamburger, crumbling as you go.
- Add minced onion and cook until translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over cooked beef, and stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups milk, stir well and add all seasonings at this point.
- Simmer, adding more liquid as gravy thickens.
- Cook to desired consistancy, and serve over any style potatoes, pasta, rice, or toast.